Inside the castle walls, students return to the familiar routine of the school year; 9am classes, and dorm room gossip, while outside the castle walls the world becomes more and more unpredictable. War is looming. Terror is lurking. Fear is waiting. And one man can not keep reality from breaching the walls... Now everyone is being pressured to pick sides...
Each year, it is the job of the Hogwarts Prefects and Head Students to plan and organize events around the school.
This Halloween, they have opted for a Haunted House experience on the grounds!
Upon exiting the castle, you will be greeted by a low lying fog, separating into a clear path
that leads you to a dilapidated house, with the trees of the Forbidden forest looming behind it.
Many horrors await you inside of the Haunted House of Horrors!
There is, of course, a catch! The Marauders (courtesy of the fact that James and Remus have been involved in the planning!)
have taken this opportunity to add a few extra tricks, treats, and scares to the house, so tread carefully within.
This is, optionally, a dice game to keep things exciting! More info will be provided.
Giant Pumpkin Carving!
It simply wouldn't be Halloween without Hagrid's giant pumpkins! This year, however, it's up to the students to get
involved in carving some pumpkins up. Battle through the fog and make your way to the Gamekeeper's Hut - you'll
recognize it for it's orange glow. All the tools and carving equpitment you need are waiting for you, so don't
miss your chance to create a pumpkin masterpiece!
Candy Costume Party!
Halloween requires costumes. It also requires sweets and candy. Therefore, it's only right we throw a candy costume party!
This year, Honeydukes are providing the treats - all of your familiar favorites and a few new, slightly bizarre ones
to try out.
Slugs, Bugs, Warts, and Bones, whether you want a Slimy Slug Sour, or a Freaky Finger Fruit Pop, Honeydukes
has provided everything your could ask for!
So put on your best costume and work up a sweet tooth, then join us in the Great Hall for a Sugar and Spice,
All Things Scary and Nice Candy Costume Dance!
Post by The Professor on Sept 3, 2014 18:43:19 GMT
This year, the Prefects and Head Students have agreed on a Haunted House/House of Horrors as part of their Halloween celebration. Once the sun goes down, students will be able to head to the House which has been set up near the edge of the forest for added creep factor. Inside, the Professors have added a number of tricks and traps - harmless scares.
What the Professors don't know, is that the Marauders have been inside of the House and added a few nasty scares of their own to make things a little more interesting. Oh, and they're still in there! Be careful where you go or you might just find yourself face to face with one of our Famous Four!
Once you've headed down the foggy path and entered the House, anything is game. You can do this one of two ways: using dice, or deciding on your own what you'll find around the corner. But, if you decide to pave your own story, keep in mind the things listed below, which make up some of the horrors in the House.
If you want to join in the fun using dice, we'll be using a 1-10 dice roll. If you need help with using dice, go to This Thread to see how they work!
When you enter the house you have two choices - go through the open door on your right, or climb the stair case on your left. After that:
If you roll a...
1. You will end up in a room of mirrors. The Professors set up the mirrors... the Marauders added the illusions that show a faceless figure in the background that isn't really there, and really creepy music that builds as if something is approaching you. Basically, imagine that you're playing Slender Man.
Watch the first five minutes of this and it will tell you exactly what I mean. This is the kind of scare that you'll get if you roll a one... only you won't die. And there's not actually anyone there. You'll hear similar sound effects, and see the figure in the mirrors, but there's no one actually there. The figure is entirely in the mirrors.
2.I'm watching you, Wazowski. Aaaaalways watching you! If you roll a two you're going to end up in a room full of eyes. Very realistic looking eyes that look like this: Le Eye! BUT, they'll be hanging from all around the room in clusters, like this: All Le Eyes! And the best part? They'll follow you as you move around the room. Watching you. Aaaalways watching you.
3. You've met the Marauders, right? If you roll a three... HOLD TIGHT AND A MARAUDER WILL BE JOINING YOU SHORTLY! Yes, if you've rolled a three that means you've stumbled across one of our fabulous four, and one of them (or at least one of the three we have on the board) will be joining you in your thread. They might jump out and shout boo. They might just hex you *cough*Slytherins*cough*. Or they might do something else completely unexpected.
If you roll a three the hold tight and either James, Sirius or Remus will join your thread, do whatever it is they decide to do, and then they'll leave again within a couple of posts so you can go back to traversing the House! You might not even know that you've seen a Marauder at all!
4. You're not easily frightened, are you? The Professors have set up a room with a pool of blood to cross through, and blood dripping down the walls and from the ceiling. But, you guessed it, the Marauders have added an extra horror to really make you scream. I bet this is the last thing you want to see when you're stuck in the middle of a blood pool: *insert horrified scream*
5. What do you mean spiders are scary? You mean you don't like bugs and creepy crawlies? That's a real shame... Because see, the Professors set up a bug room where there are bugs and spiders and things crawling across the walls and some on the floor. But if you think you can make a quick dash across this particular room without making contact with the bugs you are terribly mistaken. If you step on the wrong part of the floor, as no doubt one of you will, more bugs and spiders will fall from the ceiling above you and... yes, they'll land on your head... and your shoulders... and go down your back. But you don't mind a few creepy crawlies on you, do you?
6. What's this, a staircase? (if you went up the stairs on your way in, these will take you down to the ground floor. If you didn't go up the stairs then... oh dear, it looks like you're going underground into parts unknown. Spooky!
Oh, wait... you do know that as soon as everyone's feet are on the stairs and you're pondering whether the darkness below is safe, those stairs are going to turn into a slide and send you tumbling into the darkness below. And yes, it really is dark. But there's a rather lovely moaning sound of someone in pain... I'd suggest your start looking for the door to get back out soon...
7. Uh oh... Marauder time! Please wait while a Marauder joins your thread. If you've already crossed paths with one Marauder, prepare to meet another! If not, prepare to meet your first. The same rules apply as they do above in Dice Three.
8. Where has the door gone? No really, where has the door gone? I mean, you just walked through it and now it's not there. And where's the next door? Have you really just walked into a doorless room? That was a bit stupid... especially when the walls are closing in. Yes, you heard me. You're in a doorless room with the walls closing in. You're pretty screwed, aren't you? But you just have to hang tight, panic, and prepare to become a squished cockroach. Or at least, you have to grin and bare the walls closing in because only then when you think you might very well die there, will the door appear for you. It's all just illusions, after all.
9. This looks like a hidden torture chamber... Have you seen all these ghosts? Hey look! Doesn't that one look like that third year girl in Ravenclaw... Oh, crap! Don't all these ghosts look like students you know? You're really in trouble now. They're not actually moving like ghosts do - they look frozen - trapped. But ghostly.
As you're pondering what could possibly have happened to leave your fellow students in such a horrible predicament, you'll see a figure emerge from the shadow dragging a body kicking and screaming. Hey, doesn't that look like the Head Girl!? (p.s. It's not Lily. It was just James' idea to make it look like her because really, what students doesn't know what Lily looks like?) And... OOOFFF! She just got totally SLAYED! You better run!
Oh wait, you can't. You're stuck in a temporary Petrificus Totalus and frozen to the spot. With a crazed killer in the room! And he's heading your way! You'll have to wait until he reaches you before the spell will break, then I suggest you run very, very fast!
Note: Students are not actually at risk of dying while inside the House!
10. What's this? A door? And where does this door lead? Into the Forbidden Forest of course! Why do you think it was set up so close? There was, when the Professors set it up, a clearly lit path lighting the way back around the House and out of the trees again. The Marauders, however, decided to change the path. It splits three ways, weaving a little further into the Forest before taking a winding route out again. It's probably safer to stay on the lit paths... unless the candles blow out... in which case, follow the creepy pumpkins!
So, how does this all work? Easy.
You enter the house, decide whether you're going right or left, and you (and who ever you go with) head in that direction. On of you adds a dice roll which determines what the first room you enter is. You battle the horrors in as many posts as you like, find your way out of the room, and when you're ready, roll again.
You do not roll every post, only when you are ready for a new room/area. You can alternate who rolls the dice, but please only roll it once at a time.
If you roll a 10 before you are ready to leave the House, you can ignore the roll and the next person can roll again. So... if you've just entered the House, climbed the stairs, and lo and behold there's a 10 roll... that would really kinda suck. Ignore the 10, go for the next roll.
The same goes if you roll a number for a room you have already been in before. The second person can roll for a new number, and keep going until you get something new.
If you roll a 3 or a 7 (the Marauder numbers) it would be really helpful if one of you would post a link to your thread HERE so that Jayce/Simoriah/Quetzal know that you need a Marauder to join you. They will only join for a couple of posts and then leave your thread again, and you can continue as normal.
Again, if you don't want to do this using Dice rolls you don't have to, but please take into consideration that these are the rooms that you have to work with, and the only way out is the door into the forest. By not using dice, you will not have any Marauders join your thread.
If you have any questions feel free to ask. We're around in the Cbox, or you can PM one of us.